Sunday, August 22, 2010

Change as a MATTER of WANT

In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious and Most Merciful. Good Morning!

I remembered asking myself once or twice when i was few years younger, what would happen if i were to bump people who had made my life miserable and i hated the most now (back at that time) in 3-10 years time? Hurm...it's a tough question though because i'm a hard-headed girl. Would i still have anger and hatred for that person in my heart? and yeah, do i view the person the same way i did today? or maybe would i assume that the person has changed somewhat and thus deserves to be treated kindly just like any other person whom i love as friends?

in regard to this matter, yes, i do have some people in my mind.

Ive only discovered the answer to those questions(hope this is the one!) when it really happened last year. And i realise that the hatred had slowly gone, the assumption that the person is 'bad' is still there but it has disappeared as soon as i talked to the person. I should say, the talking heals the pain and that i have forgiven the person from the beginning. Therefore, i ended up treating that person like an old friend whom i've not met for a life long time.



I think, i was able to feel and react that way only because i'd successfully put myself in that person's shoes.
"sometimes u make silly mistakes in your life when you're younger and hope that the other person you hurt or embarrassed would've forgiven you"

Same goes with me, i hope i made silly mistakes and i know they did hurt people and secretly i hope that the person will forgive me and we can be friends again. I've also learnt that change is possible to anyone, it is not a matter of whether the person CAN change for the better or not but it is a more of about whether YOU WANT to change or not. In this case, i choose to CHANGE.

I remember a quote from a book i've read, it's a nice quote though,
"treat everyone equally and forgive people, not because they are nice but YOU ARE"

Being Muslims, we are always thought to assume positives in others and to not to be easily judgmental. Judging is God's authority, not me, not others. Our Prophet never jumped into conclusion when it comes to judging others and he is the best example for us all to follow. EnsyaAllah (:

So as a reminder about judgment, mind to worry about ourselves being judged in front of the AlMighty on Judgement Day.

Thus, love more & judge less,

Ainne

No comments:

Post a Comment